WIPA – Work Incentives Planning & Assistance

CPRF is taking extra precaution during this time to ensure the health and safety of our staff and those we serve. Visitors to any CPRF building will be asked a series of screening questions and have their temperature taken before being escorted by a staff member to their designated meeting room. Please wear a face mask when visiting any CPRF building. Staff members are also screened, including temperature readings, upon arriving to work. Staff members will be wearing masks when meeting with clients. All meeting spaces are thoroughly sanitized after each use. Visitors and staff are expected to maintain social distance. We thank you for accommodating these added measures.



Photographs by Dale Small for Wichita State University and the YMCA.


The Kansas Work Incentives Network (KWIN) is the only Work Incentive Planning and Assistance (WIPA) project in Kansas. WIPA is funded by a cooperative agreement with the Social Security Administration.  WIPA services provide education on the disability programs, the work incentives and reporting to Social Security.  Our staff can also provide basic information of the effect employment income will have on other community supports such as Medicaid, SNAP, and some housing subsidies.

WIPA helps people make informed decisions as they transition to and/or advance in employment, beneficiaries are offered advisement, benefit summary analysis, and/or a work incentive plan by certified Community Work Incentive Coordinators (CWICs). WIPA serves all SSA disability beneficiaries interested in employment.

Ticket to Work Helpline

For more details about eligibility and other general questions, call the Ticket to Work Help Line at 1-866-968-7842 (V) or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY). The helpline is available M-F 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST.

The helpline will let you know what benefits you receive and refer you to the Work Incentive Planning and Assistance project if you are working or getting ready to start a job.

Some Ticket To Work resources are also now available via Facebook and Twitter.


Facebook: @ChooseWork

Twitter: @chooseworkSSA



CPRF is a Ticket To Work Authorized Service Provider, offering disability benefits planning services.


Documents that you will need to get started with WIPA services are available in the Forms section below.


  • How do I get started with KWIN?
    Contact Ticket to Work's Help Line at 1-866-968-7842 (V) or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY).
  • I am on Social Security and starting a new job, do I need to report to Social Security?
    Yes, it is the beneficiary’s responsibility as the recipient of a government benefit to report changes such as address, phone, marital status, name change, and employment. All beneficiaries must first contact Social Security about their new employment, then Social Security prefers beneficiaries report wages through their MySSA account on the Social Security Administration website. https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/
  • If I work and earn more than $85.00, will I lose my cash benefit?
    In most cases, no. But there is more to it than whether you can earn more than $85.00 or whether or not you are ready to lose your cash benefit.  First, you should understand which disability benefit you receive and then learn the work incentives for each program.  There are two disability benefit programs that SSA administers and they each have very different rules about wages and how to report them. For more details about eligibility and other general questions, call the Ticket to Work Help Line at 1-866-7842 (V) or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY).

Forms and Fact Sheets